Professional Development Institute
Thursday, MAY 21, 2015
Scroll down to view the Professional Development Institute Session Grid or
View the Interactive 2015 NCCA Professional Development Institute Events
These intensive workshops in workforce development are designed to train family and professional caregivers, teaching artists and arts administrators, and professionals in aging services, healthcare, and education.
Register for us for one of the following Professional Development Institute trainings on May 21st, 2015. As the sessions are concurrent, please register for ONLY ONE. Please note that 2014 PDI events SOLD OUT well before the 2014 Conference Early Bird date, so make your plans early.
- PDI Elders Share the Arts History Alive | IONA Senior Services
- PDI Lifetime Arts Public Library Initiative (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)| St. Columba's Episcopal Church
- PDI The Art of Creative Caregiving | The Kreeger Museum
- PDI Dance for PD (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)| IONA Senior Services
Workshops will be held in some of Washington’s landmark cultural institutions and aging services sites and feature key practitioners, researchers, and business leaders in the field of creative aging. Designed to further develop collaboration and idea exchange among creative aging professionals these daylong and half-day workshops will hone skill sets essential in this vital field.
- Explore creative aging through literary, narrative, visual, and movement approaches to creative aging in some of Washington DC's cultural arts and humanities institutions.
- Develop new skills to serve older adults that can be replicated in your own setting.
- Widen your perspective and horizons to incorporate innovative techniques and models used in the field.
- Experience the pioneering NCCA Creative Caregiving Guide prior to the Summer 2015 launch to discover ways it can be adapted and implemented for your use.
Following the Professional Development Institute events you are invited to reserve your space for the Closing Celebration Dinner (4:00pm-6:00pm) at Guapo’s Restaurant Tenleytown Location.
Click HERE to register now.
Click HERE to view Conference At-a-Glance