Community, National Advocacy, and Field Networking events
The week of May 18th-21st NCCA and local partners will be hosting a variety of community, national advocacy, and field networking events including:
- Kairos Alive! Community Dance Hall at Hill Center
- THE CREATIVE AGE Opening Reception at Arena Stage
- The Blood Quilt a World Premiere Family, Comedy/Drama at Arena Stage
National Advocacy Events
- White House Summit on Creativity and Aging co-presented with the National Endowment for the Arts
- Congressional Briefing on Capitol Hill
Field Networking Events
- Networking Dinner and After Party at the Capitol Skyline Hotel
- Closing Celebration Dinner at Guapo's Restaurant
- Professional Development Institute at Washington DC cultural and aging service institutions
International Ambassador Events
NCCA is delighted to welcome international ambassador delegations attending the conference. These vital networks of cooperation are forging practice, research, and innovation with global impact. The presence of these delegations and their work will generate collaboration for the 2016 NCCA International Conference and Leadership Exchange and sister conferences, symposia, and events by ambassador organizations.
- International Ambassador Conference Events | Full details available early May
Special Interest Group Networking Lunch
This year, four Special Interest Groups will be gathering around tables during the Wednesday MAY 20 midday lunch break to explore Creative Caregiving, Emerging Leaders, LGBTQ Issues, and Spiritual Life as they relate to creative aging. These topics emerged for consideration from the 2014 Leadership Exchange and Conference.
No need to sign up ahead, simply look for the table with your TOPIC CARD in the Cafe area in the "upper lobby" of Arena Stage.