R3: Health and Wellness – From the Bench: When Science Considers Creative Aging
This session will illuminate ways that research plays a vital role in creative aging and person-centered care. Panelists will draw on their diverse field experience to discuss the pressing research questions facing healthcare, aging, education, and research institutions that serve the field.
Research leaders will collaboratively explore a range of themes including: the growing realities and potential for research and the arts insertion into the healthcare system and the goal of keeping well, exploring what kinds of research inquiries and funding are required to support the field going forward, and ways of integrating research methodologies to produce a multi-dimensional approach to design, practice, and funding for creative aging.
- Illuminate the role of research in person-centered care.
- Identify key research questions facing healthcare.
- Jennifer Carson, Chief Learning Officer, Alzheimer’s Resource Center of Connecticut
- Amy Henderson, Executive Director, Geezer Gallery
- Raquel Stephenson, Program Coordinator in Art Therapy, Lesley University
- Beverly Lunsford, Director, Washington Area Geriatric Education Center Consortium