Practice Plenary – Flourishing: The Power, Practice, and Potential of Creative Aging
Drawing on years of experience and leadership in the arts, the Practice Track plenary speakers will place the practice of creative aging in the context of a national discourse. Looking toward the future, they will highlight needs, illuminate key trends, and inspire participants to raise the bar for the field.
- Identify and discuss key trends in the practice of creative aging.
- Provide a context for the practice of creative aging within a national discourse.
- Outline the need for new practices and techniques in the field of creative aging.
- Beth Bienvenu, Ph.D., Director, Office of Accessibility, National Endowment for the Arts
- Susan Perlstein, Founder, National Center for Creative Aging and Elders Share the Arts (video)
- Peter Whitehouse, Professor and Strategic Advisor Baycrest Health Sciences, Toronto
Long Live Arts Ambassadors:
- Eva Bittner, Director, Theater der Erfahrungen, (The Netherlands)
- Dominic Campbell, Co-Founder of Creative Ageing International, (United Kingdom)
- Mia Grijp, Artistic Leader, Sering, (Belgium)
- Peggy Olislaegers, Director, Dutch Dance Festival, (Germany)
- Jorge Merced, Associate Artistic Director, Pregones Theater