PDI Elders Share the Arts History Alive
Elders Share the Arts (ESTA), founded in 1979 in New York City, offers older adults rigorous arts programming that ignites creative expression, cultivates their role as bearers of history and culture, and generates new pathways to connect them to their communities.
Participants at this training will be led through an interactive workshop that explores core concepts of ESTA's creative aging programming, providing both a theoretical and didactic approach to implementing and sustaining high quality arts programming for older adults in the community.
In this training we explore what we mean by creativity and how “step-by-step” quality creative arts programs are created for older adults within intergenerational and community settings.
This training will be held at IONA Senior Services May 21st, 2015. There will be an hour lunch break for participants to explore Tenleytown.
Learn more about Elders Share the Arts by following this link:
- Understand how to identify opportunities to develop creative aging programs in their communities; and how to plan, implement, and evaluate arts programs within intergenerational and community dwelling settings.
- Learn evidence-based principles and ways to support creative programs in a variety of community settings (i.e. schools, senior centers, parks, and adult day centers).
- Explore how to set up and sustain partnerships that can support the longevity of creative aging programs.
- Learn ESTA’s Living History methodology, a mix of oral history and reminiscence techniques, and how to bring them to life through a variety of art forms.
- Marsha Gildin, Master Teaching Artist, Elders Share the Arts
- Jennie Smith-Peers, Executive Director, Elders Share the Arts
Early Bird Registration (2/5/15-4/17/15) for this event is $175.00, this includes breakfast but not lunch.
Regular Registration (4/18/15-5/13/15) for this event will be $225.00
We encourage you to join us at the Closing Celebration Dinner at Guapos Restaurant just a few blocks away following the training. Registration for the Closing Celebration Dinner is $30 and includes dinner.