P3: Health and Wellness – From the Heart: Illuminating the Care in Person-Centered Care
How are the arts being deployed in person-centered care? This session will explore the question as participants engage in an open dialogue on the practice of healing with arts in different ethnic and faith groups.
- Address the importance of high-level decision-making and support from management in the context of health and wellness paradigms.
- Discuss the varying approaches, including integrated and alternative medicine and healing arts, within different faith or ethnic groups.
- Elizabeth Lokon, Director, Opening Minds Through the Arts at Scripps Gerontology Center
- Ricardo Mowatt, CLC Coordinator, National Center for Creative Aging and D.C. Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Laura Krejci, Associate Director, Veterans Affairs, Office of Patient Centered Care & Cultural Transformation